This year, we have the unique opportunity along with other nonprofits, and national companies to help transform Tuesday, December 3, 2013 into the second annual #GivingTuesday, a day to kick off the season of giving. On the heels of Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, people around the world are dedicating a day to philanthropy and service.
As you know, our mission is providing opportunities for people with disabilities and barriers to employment seeking independent and productive lives. #GivingTuesday will help us spread the word about the work that we do right here in Kansas. Our goal is simple: to help our neighbors with developmental disabilities or other barriers find productive and competitve employment.
You can help transform the day into #GivingTuesday in several ways:
1. Make a donation to Goodwill. No matter how big or small, every donation will make a difference!
2. Donate your gently used clothing items or housewares to one of our retail locations across the state!
2. Share our Facebook and Twitter posts with your followers & friends.
3. Express your gratitude on your social media accounts by sharing your words of thanks and “unselfies.”
4. Promote #Giving Tuesday and giving to Goodwill.
In order to raise awareness and funds for Goodwill Industries of Kansas, we have registered on the #GivingTuesday website and can be found on the Partners section of the site.
Follow #GivingTuesday on Twitter, watch for more info on Facebook, and please help spread the word!
Thank you for your ongoing support!