Adults Earn GED, GraduatePosted on: June 1st, 2016
Buzzing with excitement, the auditorium was packed with standing room only as the adult graduates marched in and took their seats. Many of the students had been working for months to prepare for the GED exam, juggling one or more jobs, family responsibilities and other commitments. Before NexStep Alliance, it had been years, if not decades, since they’d been in school. They’d worked hard and put in the hours studying to get to this point. The ceremony was a momentous occasion, marking a turning point in their lives. You could feel the pride in their accomplishments, not only from the graduates but also from their family, friends and NexStep staff.
More than 60 adults passed their GED exam this year and graduated from the NexStep Alliance program, a partnership between Goodwill Industries of Kansas and Wichita Area Technical College. Many of the students took advantage of the partnership with WATC and earned a professional certificate or college credits toward a degree. Some will go on to advance in their careers, start a new career or continue their education, working toward a higher degree.
NexStep is funded in part by purchases made in our stores. When you donate and shop at Goodwill, you’re changing lives and strengthening our local economy. Together, we are making a difference.
Classes are forming now! Call today to enroll in the next session: 316.677.1150. Those interested can also take the test at our onsite testing center without attending a prep session (testing fees apply).
- Affordable - only $50 materials fee/school year
- Free access to online learning system
- Instructor-led classroom-based program
- 6 open enrollment periods per school year
- All day access to state-of-the-art learning facility including computers, tutors and instructors
- GED test fee assistance for those who qualify
- College tuition assistance for those who qualify
- Helpful guidance for childcare, transportation & other needs
- Free career exploration, resume reviews, college advising and college financial aid assistance