Project SEARCH Program OverviewEvent Start Date: February 16th, 2017 at 6:30pm
Event End Date: February 16th, 2017 at 7:30pm
Event Location: Goodwill Industries of Kansas, 3351 N. Webb Rd., Wichita, KS
This year-long program helps individuals with developmental disabilities establish and improve job skills in an integrated work environment with the ultimate goal of competitive employment in the community.
Founded at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, this program has been successfully implemented around the world at nearly 450 sites.
WHO: People with developmental disabilities seeking greater independence and a job in the community.
- Three unpaid internships to explore a variety of career paths.
- Collaborative effort between the intern, his or her family, the Project SEARCH instructor and skills trainer, and a vocational rehabilitation counselor.
- Integrates classroom time to develop soft skills and provide the opportunity for reflection and planning.
PROGRAM LOCATION: Cintas, 9333 E. 35th St. N., Wichita, KS 67226 (program overview meeting located at Goodwill)
- 22-30 years old
- Diagnosed with an Intellectual and/or Developmental Disability
- Not enrolled in a High School program
- Receiving HCBS or CDDO state benefits
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Ability to follow policies and procedures of Cintas, including attendance
- A desire to work in a full time competitive job
Questions: Contact Curtis Tatum, 316.744.9291
Project SEARCH is a collaboration between Goodwill Industries of Kansas, Cintas, Wichita Area Technical College, Wichita Workforce Center and Sedgwick County Developmental Disability Organization.